Forum Fantastyka Star Trek Trekowe cytaty - ulubione, ciekawe, smieszne...

Trekowe cytaty - ulubione, ciekawe, smieszne...

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Poniekąd w nawiązaniu do takich oto dyskusji:
    https://trek.pl/forum/topic/nowinki-techniczne-i-naukowe/page/3/#post-74152
    http://www.startrek.pl/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=6&topic=3086&page=0#msg214333
    Acz niekoniecznie w kontrze do stanowisk stron, bo rozumiem tu doskonale racje obu. Pragmatyczną jednej, i sentymentalną (ale praktyczną trochę też - zapis elektroniczny jest kruchszy niż papier, przynajmniej póki co) - drugiej.

"I książki — zwłaszcza te na półkach. Prawdziwe książki do czytania i dotykania, a nie do wyświetlania na elektronicznym ekranie, ze stronami przewracanymi przez naciśnięcie guzika. Uśmiechnął się w duchu. Przynajmniej tego zazdrościli mu koledzy w dzieciństwie.
    Choć wielu dorosłym Wulkanitom mogły wydawać się czymś niepraktycznym, dla Spocka były źródłem wspomnień i budziły uczucie rozpierającej dumy. Było coś niezwykłego w tym, że słowa tam materialnie istniały, że miało się je w ręku. Każda strona, każdy rozdział był do jego dyspozycji. Nie trzeba było prosić o dostęp do nich jakiegoś elektronicznego pośrednika."

"Star Trek: Log One" (w kulawym przekładzie)

Q__
    Participant

Piękny horrorek SF wpleciony w średniawy epizod, i tym samym uszlachetniający go:

[Night time - campfire]
    Travis: Keep in mind those cargo vessels weren't equipped for rescue operations, so the Captain wasn't sure what to do when he picked up the distress call. But it wasn't a ship that sent the signal. It was a life-pod from one of the old Y-500-class freighters.
    Tucker: Those were retired decades ago.
    Travis: Exactly. The pod had been drifting in space for sixty three years. Bioscans showed one lifesign inside the pod. Human. The assistant engineer, George Webb, a friend of my uncle's, was assigned to open it. Took him over an hour to cut through the hull. He said the metal felt strange, cold to the touch.
    Tucker: Of course it was cold. It was floating in space for sixty years.
    Travis: He could hear a tapping noise coming from inside, but when he finally got it open the pod was empty. No body, nothing. A few days later, Webb started acting strange, getting into fights with the crew, muttering to himself in some sort of alien language. Then one day he locked himself in Engineering and overloaded the impulse reactors. He almost destroyed the ship. Then he sealed himself in a life pod and ejected it.
    Cutler: I assume the Captain went after him.
    Travis: The reactors were too badly damaged. Some people say it was an alien life form that got into him, others think it was the ghost of a dead crewman. I never knew what to believe, but Webb is still out there, drifting. When the subspace noise is real low, some comm. officers say they can still hear the echo of his distress call. Beep, Beep.
    (All laugh.)
    T'pol: It's highly doubtful that a distress beacon could function continuously for sixty three years.
    Tucker: Let me guess. No ghost stories on Vulcan.

ENT "Strange New World"

Można to i obejrzeć 😉 :

Q__
    Participant

Piękna*, co by o samym filmie nie gadać, wymiana zdań z najlepszej sceny "dwunastki".

Pike: That's a technicality!
    Spock: I am Vulcan, sir, we embrace technicality.
    Pike: You giving me attitude, Spock?
    Spock: I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously, sir. To which are you referring?
    Pike: Out. You're dismissed, Commander.

Kirk, McCoy, i wielu innych - np. Decker starszy - nie umiało sobie poradzić ze spockowym stoicyzmem. A Pike dał radę bez trudu 😎 .

* Choć, jak wynika z drugiej z n/w list, nie wszystkim się podoba:
    https://whatculture.com/film/20-cringeworthy-star-trek-film-moments
    https://whatculture.com/film/20-cringeworthy-moments-new-star-trek-movies
    (Aczkolwiek odnotować należy, iż słynny "KHAAAANNNN!!" też ich zażenowanie wzbudził, inna rzecz, że może nawet słusznie 😉 .)

Q__
    Participant

Finał przedostatniego odcinka ENT, czyli Spock przepowiedziany 😉 :

Transkrypcja:

[T'Pol's quarters]
    T'Pol: Come in.
    Tucker: (trying not to cry) The delegates at the conference, they've asked about the service for, for Elizabeth. They want to attend.
    T'Pol: She was important.
    Tucker: There's something else. I spoke with Phlox. It turns out there was a flaw in the technique that Paxton's doctors used in the cloning process. Human DNA and Vulcan DNA, Phlox says there's no medical reason why they can't combine. So if a Vulcan and a human ever decided to have a child, it'd probably be okay. And that's sort of comforting.
    (T'Pol takes his hand)

Można się czepiać nadmiernej - jak na Wolkankę - wypisanej na twarzy emocjonalności T'Pol*, ale...

* Chociaż, skoro w/w Spock się uśmiechał...

Q__
    Participant

"I am Worf, son of Mogh, House of Martok, son of Sergei, House of Rozhenko, bane to the Duras family, slayer of Gowron. I have made some chamomile tea - do you take sugar?"

No, to było ładne...*

* Acz zagrane już tak sobie...

Q__
    Participant

Kolejny (po Picardzie z Rikerem i Mercerze) głos w debacie o nieśmiertelności. Głos nieśmiertelnego:

Susan Ivanova: Okay, let's assume that in all of the universe you were the first living being to achieve sentience billions of years ago. At that point, you'd be doing pretty good to invent fire or the wheel. You couldn't come up with science, technology, find a serum for immortality, all in one lifetime.
    Lorien: It wasn't necessary. We were born naturally immortal.
    Susan Ivanova: It's impossible. Everything dies.
    Lorien: Yes. Now. At first, we were kept in balance by birthrate. Few of us were ever born, less than a handful each year. Then, I think the universe decided that to appreciate life, for there to be change and growth, life had to be short. So the generations that followed us grew old, infirm, died. But those of us who were first went on. /.../ We've lived too long, seen too much. To live on, as we have, is to leave behind joy, love, and companionship because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can believe that love is eternal. [pause] You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received.

B5 "Into the Fire"

ps. Swoją drogą jak to jest, że kiedyś scenarzyści ST-z-przyległościami nie dość, że pisali osobną (nawet gdy, jak tu, powiązaną z resztą) opowieść dla każdego odcinka, to jeszcze potrafili wpleść w epizodyczną fabułę kompletne - pobudzające wyobraźnię - samodzielne narracje (jak nie dzieje gatunku Loriena, to travisowy kosmiczny horrorek), a dziś mamy to, co widać w PIC (i DSC) - bezładny chaos z pojedynczymi dobrymi scenami.

Q__
    Participant

Londo Mollari: My life here... absolutely intolerable, completely inexcusable. You would think we would be beyond this sort of thing by now, wouldn't you? And whose idea was it to send the White Stars away at a time like this?
    G'Kar: They are still returning from guarding the Enfili Homeworld, as you well know.
    Londo Mollari: I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the universe. The universe... The universe hates me, you know. I don't know why. I have never done anything to the universe to... Well, all right, a few things... but after a while, you would think it would be enough. "Yes, we have had our little fun with Londo Mollari for now. Perhaps it is time to move on and find someone else to play with." You seem rather calm about all of this.
    G'Kar: When I was a child, your people decided that the rebellion by my people needed to be discouraged. So your people bombed seven of our major cities for six straight days, 31 hours a day. You thought you could bomb us into submission. It didn't work then, and it didn't work later. We spent our days in shelters we made ourselves. We sang songs. We prayed. We ate. We slept. I spent my life in one such shelter or another. I will tell you the truth, Mollari. This is probably the closest thing I have to a home.
    Londo Mollari: Yes, well, don't start singing. You'll frighten the children. We have enough misery to deal with as it is. We don't need to add more.
    G'Kar: And where did you grow up, Mollari?
    Londo Mollari: What?
    G'Kar: It was a simple enough question. While I was sitting in a bomb shelter learning to hate your people, where did you spend your time as a child? Playing in the imperial gardens? Learning Centauri table manners?
    Londo Mollari: I was never a child. I had responsibilities. I've had responsibilities for as long as I can remember: Duty, honor, family.
    G'Kar: That explains a great deal.
    Londo Mollari: Really? And what exactly does it explain, G'Kar?
    G'Kar: I spent my years in one shelter after another, but sooner or later I was able to leave the shelter and walk out into the daylight. You do not have that luxury. You carry your shelter with you every day. You did not grow up. You grew old.

B5 "A View from the Gallery"

Chętnie bym usłyszał podobny dialog Kiry i Dukata (albo choć Damara, Garaka...).

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
searchclosebars linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram